dontstopreadin

Don't Stop Readin'

Hi guys, I'm Anushka (or Annie, if you like). I'm a serial reader and a more-than-occasional reviewer and I like to mention authors by their names in my reviews. (Ha! Suck it GoodReads!)

Why do I do this to myself?

Dirty Rocker Boys - Bobbie Brown, Caroline Ryder

This book is the biography of the woman who starred in Warrant's Cherry Pie video, Bobbie Brown. I read it because I am crazzzy about '80s music and there was a time when the only thing I'd listen to was Hair Metal. Def Leppard, Skid Row, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi on repeat.

So I was just curious to know about my favourite bands but this book was …well, I’m going to sound very crass but reading this book was like reading a whore’s journal who is high all the time and actually took pride in whatever she did. This woman defended everything and found a way to blame every wrong decision she made on someone else.

The incidents covered in this book were her marriage to Jani Lane, engagement to Tommy Lee and her sexual encounters with oh, everyone in the Hollywood. Apparently she was desired by every guy she met, from Sebastian Bach (Skid Row’s lead singer. H-O-T) to Leonardo DiCaprio then she says she was “naïve” and “I didn’t know how to use my beauty”. She was approached by Steven Spielberg and Robert De Niro as well but she couldn’t do the roles because she was way in over her head, she thought she was some diva and then she says she didn’t know how to make her place because she was unlike other women who used their charms and I quote “giant chest” on people. Are we supposed to believe this shit?

Most of her career went down the toilet when she was living with Tommy Lee but she refused to leave him because she was blinded by the crush she had on him since she was a teenager and she’d call it “we were so deep in love”. Pfft.
When he left her and married Pamela Anderson within 4 days she went on a mission to self-destruct. She blew off her career, became an addict and then she’d try to sound like a human being saying things like my life didn’t allow me to be the mother I wanted to be.
Get the fuck out. Everything she did was her own fault but she refused to take responsibility for it.

For every lost opportunity, her failed career, her failure as a mother and every single thing she blamed Tommy Lee while she claimed to be in love with him for years later too while it was clear that she was carrying on the infatuation she felt for him since a teenager.

Don’t read this book, it’s such a waste of time. This is the account of a woman whose biggest accomplishment was looking gorgeous all the time and it reads like a personal diary where she kept count of the guys she slept with, in order. This book made me sick to my stomach, I swear, I had a constant frown on my face while reading it. How could a woman be so obnoxious? How could she throw away her life and then blame others for it? All she ever did was have relationships with famous guys and not care a penny about her career and then she says she was trying to make it in Hollywood? Please, explain me your logic.

But in the end, I guess, she got what she deserved and that was nothing.