dontstopreadin

Don't Stop Readin'

Hi guys, I'm Anushka (or Annie, if you like). I'm a serial reader and a more-than-occasional reviewer and I like to mention authors by their names in my reviews. (Ha! Suck it GoodReads!)

Life of Pi - Yann Martel People. Please.
This book is considered one of the most influential books of our century?
Go shove this up your ass!
It was so so sooo hard to get into this book. In the beginning I thought I would end up giving this up but I couldn't ONLY because me and my friend had a challenge or else I would've really given it up. The story was fine, writing was fine too. But it lacked luster to make this one of the bests.
And as for Yann Martel who has very proudly mentioned that "This story will make you believe in God" , IT DID NOT. My status pre reading this book was Atheist and post was Atheist too. So you might wanna change your tagline Mr. Martel.
I don't think this story could have been any better either. No matter who had tried to write this, this story would've stayed the same. So, I think the author has done a pretty good job of giving his best.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone because I found it a little (just a little) more than pointless but still not readable enough. But, of course you are free to experiment.