dontstopreadin

Don't Stop Readin'

Hi guys, I'm Anushka (or Annie, if you like). I'm a serial reader and a more-than-occasional reviewer and I like to mention authors by their names in my reviews. (Ha! Suck it GoodReads!)

The Abduction - Mark Gimenez 4.5 Stars is more like it.

This book was absolutely smashing. The story had so many angles popping out from everywhere but in the end everything connected so well with each other. The pace and writing used to dangle a little bit in-between but the great plot made up for most of it.

I really liked the way Giminez had planned out the story, giving flashes of the gruesome past in the beginning of every chapter.
Also, I really appreciate the way life of a retired Army colonel was shown. War only destroys, killing someone never brings you peace and the guilt of it hangs heavy on your head forever..it was very wonderfully channeled through Ben Brice's character.

I think I have found my next favorite author, no wonder this guy is called the 'upcoming John Grisham'. I will definitely read his first and much more acclaimed book The Color of The Law now.