dontstopreadin

Don't Stop Readin'

Hi guys, I'm Anushka (or Annie, if you like). I'm a serial reader and a more-than-occasional reviewer and I like to mention authors by their names in my reviews. (Ha! Suck it GoodReads!)

The Iron King - Julie Kagawa As many Paranormal fey related books I've read this one has been among the best. The story is not thankfully about pretty faeries and their pretty kingdoms. It has a new addition to it, which was kind of innovative, I must say. But the writer failed to create the characters properly. Even though the book was from first person narrative you couldn't feel you were in it, you know. Meghan was one of those regular plastic heroines - a misfit, tiny, ugly, shy, introvert. I wish people would create more characters like Rose Hathaway (from [b:Vampire Academy|345627|Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)|Richelle Mead|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1331231240s/345627.jpg|335933] ) instead of these set heroines who are sometimes so dull that you feel that they don't deserve anything they are getting.

The forced romance was another let down. The two characters who hadn't even spoken to each other in more than half of the book suddenly fell in love.
Julie Kagawa should've taken bit more pages to get things heated up between Ash & Meghan instead of just jumping right into it.

All in all, book wasn't too disappointing and I'll read the other parts if I have time, they are not my top priority.