dontstopreadin

Don't Stop Readin'

Hi guys, I'm Anushka (or Annie, if you like). I'm a serial reader and a more-than-occasional reviewer and I like to mention authors by their names in my reviews. (Ha! Suck it GoodReads!)

The Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires, Book 2) - Rachel Caine I hate the concept.
I hate the characters.
I hate the story line on which this book got off.

I practically hate almost everything about this book. So, why did I read this?
I read it 'cause I'm in the mood for reading a series with around 10 books and if anyone can recommend me something better than this, I'll be very grateful.

I read the first part Glass Houses a year back, and disliked it too. The concept is just way too stupid. A 16-year old girl starts going to a college (early admission) in a strange town named Morganville. First, if Claire is such a prodigy, what the hell is she doing studying in Morganville? Couldn't she have gotten a much better college?
Then, she starts getting beaten up by the It-girl gang of the school for NO REASON AT ALL. So she leaves her dorm and goes off to live with some random 3 people who are really weird. Those random weird people tell her that the town is run by Vampires and once you've entered it, you can never escape.
This plot is dumb as a fucking doorknob.

There are so many flaws and so much of stupidity in it! To add to this traumatically annoying plot we have the dumbest possible characters. Claire, Eve and Michael are so irritatingly dumb, Shane is okay-okay sometimes. Claire doesn’t ever stands up for herself, she always needs someone to keep her going. Plus, she takes some really rash decisions at times which should make her look like a brave chick, instead it puts her friends in more trouble.

I, honestly liked the first one better than Dead Girl’s Dance. The storyline involving Shane’s dad in this instalment was getting on my nerves and it was pretty unnecessary too. I mean, nothing huge happened at the end, everything went back to the way it was before. But in Glass Houses there were a few moments that surprised me and caught my interest (which after a year made me read the 2nd one *rols eyes*). Whereas this one was just dreadful. Everything bored me to death, those good for nothing characters and sissy vampires made me claw my eyes out.

I will most probably not continue this series now. My quota of stupidity intake this month is over.