dontstopreadin

Don't Stop Readin'

Hi guys, I'm Anushka (or Annie, if you like). I'm a serial reader and a more-than-occasional reviewer and I like to mention authors by their names in my reviews. (Ha! Suck it GoodReads!)

Dreamfever  - Karen Marie Moning THAT ending blew me away! I mean, yeah I never liked Jericho Barrons but that doesn't mean he should've been killed off but I have a feeling that he will come back and Mac and him will fall in love (Damn!), but that's a problem for later.

This series has been the most consistent series I've read. Every book is equally awesome, I can't pick which one was better. Funny thing is, in none of the books a mystery is solved, the questions just keep piling on and on but never answered. I thought being the second last book in the series there had to be something, but nope. Still nothing. And Karen Marie Moning actually drags the story without dragging it! She keeps on imposing theories over theories without making it boring!

This series is so totally going in my Favorites shelf. There was not even a single flaw! The writing was terrific, initial books reminded me of Richelle Mead's writing.In the later books though MacKayla changes, she grows and you can feel it. She is no longer the Barbie clone she used to be, even though she lived the most possible normal life she transforms herself to fit into this dangerous world. Karen has delivered that message through her writing effectively.
Another best thing - free of romance. Even though Mac is a flirty gorgeous girl, she doesn't fall in love and does everything that revolves around it. Karen has shown, when people are in a life or death situation , they don't care about charming heroes and spend half of the time romancing. They try to survive and win battles. (Learn people, learn!)

I will never forget the day I accidentally stumbled upon this series and started reading without any prior information. I am so goddamn proud of myself! After such a long time, FINALLY I got my hands on a Fantasy series that is hard to let go.