dontstopreadin

Don't Stop Readin'

Hi guys, I'm Anushka (or Annie, if you like). I'm a serial reader and a more-than-occasional reviewer and I like to mention authors by their names in my reviews. (Ha! Suck it GoodReads!)

Halfway to the Grave - Jeaniene Frost
I swear, it BREAKS MY HEART to give this book 2 stars, by any means it deserves much more than this. There were many things I enjoyed; I even loved the two main characters which is very rare. Cat and Bones (weird names, I know) were amazing! And Bones is going on my selected list of favourite-heroes right now.

Story was simple…there was just planning, plotting and taking down Vampires. There was nothing major going on in the whole book and it still wasn’t boring at all. I was having so much of fun till about 80% of the book, I was sure I was gonna love it and read the whole series but what changed? The last 60 pages. Wow, can’t believe they were so disappointing. All that Men-In-Black crap was so….let down-ish. I do NOT like when FBI-creatures are mixed in a supernatural story, I just don’t. For those of you who have read will understand what I’m talking about.

The writing, setting and characters – everything was up to the mark. Sometimes things were vaguely described but they didn’t matter much in the big picture. Both the protagonists were very lovable. Cat was a kickass half-vampire and Bone was just WOW! I have never loved a guy so much after Adrian. I am totally crazy about Adrian Ivashkov and no one is even in his league but Bones kind of touches it. He was funny, witty, butt-kicking drop dead gorgeous Vampire with A BRITISH ACCENT! Oh my god. When he used to talk using words like “bugger” “fret” ...all those trade-mark British words I just went sky high and when he dirty-talked with Cat …it sent shivers down my spine. So sorry Adrian, you know I love you but that doesn’t stop me from drooling all over Bones, he is a total babe.

Even Bones sexiness couldn’t stop me from getting disappointed because of all that police involved in Vamp-hunting business in the end though, so now you must have the idea how much I hate that idea.

I don’t think I’m gonna read its sequels for now because I’m on a ‘fantasy-books hiatus’ and even if I return the chances are very low, but I just might read it for Bones’ sake.