dontstopreadin

Don't Stop Readin'

Hi guys, I'm Anushka (or Annie, if you like). I'm a serial reader and a more-than-occasional reviewer and I like to mention authors by their names in my reviews. (Ha! Suck it GoodReads!)

The Ask and the Answer - Patrick Ness Also find this review on - My blog Don't Stop Readin'

One of the best books I have ever read.
I am not the kind of person to throw around the title of ‘best-book-ever’ casually. I’ve read almost 330 books but only 40 of them are my favourites. So when I say this is one of the best books ever I mean it.

Ask and The Answer is the 2nd book in Chaos Walking trilogy. It picks up right where the first one, Knife of Never Letting Go left off. There is a lot of planning, plotting, bombing in this instalment along with some horrific revelations towards the end. Its predecessor was also splendid and 5-star worthy. I honestly didn’t think it was possible to write a sequel which is better than that. But damn you, Patrick Ness. You did it.

Okay, so it was a little slow in the beginning. Many people I know shut this in-between due to its slow pace. It is my humble request to those people Read this. You will not regret it.
Even I had left this book after 80 or so pages months ago but I’m extremely glad that I picked it up again. Despite its lethargic pace, there is a great plot development and character evolution. And the last 100 pages will leave you speechless . Mark my words. After finishing it, there will be "Holy shit!" written all over your face.

If there is someone on this earth who didn’t like this even after reading it till last page, I am sorry to say that person is an idiot. A certified idiot. Because Patrick Ness is a genius! He is one of the best writers of this Goddamn century! This trilogy here, is a masterpiece which deserves 6-stars and Ness is a magician. He can manipulate your thoughts with the character he creates. He’ll put you in a dilemma and make you think over and over whom to support, what’s right and what’s wrong.

Its just my bad luck that I’m not able to find a copy, epub or otherwise of the third book Monsters of Men anywhere. I’m dying to read it!